80% Of Conservative Republicans Approve Of Governor Bill Haslam (R-TN),The Other 20% Are Bigots
Why would anyone object to an international finance expert heading an international finance department? And no, this is not a joke. Ms. Samar Ali was appointed by Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam to head the international department of the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development.
Ms. Ali has an impressive background, partner at Hogan Lovells US LLP, a respected expert on Islamic Finance, a White House Fellow, advisor to the US Department of Homeland Security, intern at The Islamic International Arab Bank and law clerk for the South Africa Court of Appeals and the US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit. Impressive right? Well, not if you are an extremist, and possibly a bigot, using politics to spread your hate and lies.
It didn’t take me long to develop a theory on why the GOP would have a problem with Ms. Ali, or the Governor for appointing her. It seems the same groups who are calling for a resolution demanding the Governor be punished for hiring Ms. Ali are also condemning him for hiring openly gay employees, and horror upon horrors, allowing them to make decisions!
And it gets better, according to Jeff Woods on NashvilleScene.com, “the [Tennessee] House voted 72-23 for a resolution to “recognize the destructive and insidious nature” of Agenda 21. The resolution—which was sponsored by 33 Republicans—calls Agenda 21 “a comprehensive plan of extreme environmentalism, social engineering, and global political control,” which would result in the “socialist/communist redistribution of wealth.” Really, I could not make this up.
Governor Haslam responded to the resolutions by stating, “My job as governor is to focus on bringing jobs to Tennessee, making sure we have a great education system and making certain we’re providing great value. And that’s kind of thinking I think most Tennesseans want me to focus on,”
So what really is the problem with the Governor appointing a well-qualified expert to the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development? Could it be that “Islamic Finance is, above all else, ethically driven”? I doubt the county GOP groups know it, but I bet ALEC and GOP leadership know it, and I bet the big banks here that contribute to the GOP know it.
My research on Islamic Finance was very informative. It seems Islamic Finance in addition to being ethically driven, is anti-usury, “Because most of the world now sees usury as something normal, perhaps even necessary, Islam has become the last remaining line of defence among those religions and ideologies that once prohibited it.” (note spelling is the European defence not American defense).
But all that is not the stated reason for the uproar over the appointment of Ms. Ali. A video on YouTube.com from FOX17, includes Lee Douglas, member of the 912 Project, a “tea” “party” group, he stated, “He [Governor Haslam] is involving himself with groups of people who have ties to terrorist organizations leading back to the Muslim Brotherhood.” He went on to say, “…it was a clear and present danger.”
Sure it is.
Islamic Finance is a clear and present danger to the US and other banking systems which have been operating by betting against their customers and sinking billions into losing investments, then asking for government bailouts while financing campaigns of GOP legislators and drafting legislation with ALEC to take away actual welfare from the working poor.
This appointment is obviously a subversive plot to return ethics and values into the Tennessee economy. Oh the horror, the terror, the absolute depth of depravity, how dare the Governor appoint a well-qualified, knowledgeable woman, a woman who ”knows a little” about Islamic Finance according to the Tennessee State GOP Chairperson. A woman who might attempt to use her knowledge and values in the continued service of her country.
I have to wonder, what is really wrong with the GOP and the “tea” “party” groups like 912? How did we get to the point where bigots are given microphones and also get elected to office? I have too many questions, and no real answers.
Although this does explain something else I’ve been pondering, why the GOP is intent on defunding education. It seems an uninformed and uneducated electorate is the backbone of the GOP strategy.
Sign up to have all the AddictingInfo you can handle delivered directly to your email here!