Dear Republican Voter,
Something happened on the road from 1992 to 2012. You are no stranger to the extremists within the Republican Party. Your greatest generals have been plucked away, replaced with preachers hell-bent on dismantling a government we built together.
Republican extremists are not sons of Lincoln or disciples of Teddy. They lack Eisenhower’s pragmatism, Goldwater’s libertarian convictions, and Ronny’s charm. They are the RINO’s on a stampede, rabid on fear sponsored by special interests. Their American ideals are misguided, leading them to believe they are preordained by God and that all citizens are not created equal.
Respectfully, I ask you to consider the following…
In 2009, Barack Obama inherited:
- The worst recession since the Great Depression, caused by deregulations in the banking and mortgage industries
- A National Debt spiraling out of control, fueled by Republican tax cuts, binge spending, and poorly managed wars.
Despite triggering the crisis and recession, GOP leadership embarked on a “party first, country be damned” strategy throughout Obama’s first term.
- Republicans publicly acknowledged wanting to make Barack Obama a one-term President.
- In refusing to compromise, they engaged in record-breaking obstructionism: rejecting bills they once sponsored, turning the Senate into minority rule, and blocking job creating efforts that prolonged high unemployment, while conservative Supreme Court Justices sold America to the highest bidder.
- Republicans incited unnecessary panic by threatening to default on debt and shut down government, causing S&P to downgrade the US credit rating, which further depressed consumer confidence and impeded economic growth and hiring…
Now, Republicans in power are asking American voters to elect a secretive man on flimsy platform, built on positions that have all changed (abortion, gay rights, healthcare, climate change, immigration, stem cell research, tax policy, etc…), and another candidate with his fingerprints all over the binge spending, financial crisis, and obstructionism.
To solve America’s problems moving forward, Romney and Ryan dismissively propose: supporting more deregulation, making the Bush tax cuts permanent, and increasing defense spending, while picking fights around the globe and dismantling the government we built together.
I understand the lure of being a Republican, wanting a government that is fiscally responsible and accountable to the American citizens. That is why I am asking you to vote Democratic, to re-elect Barack Obama.
Being an Old School Republican, take comfort in the following…
- In addition to the stock market rebounding, President Obama has had 30 months of consecutive job growth, adding 4 million jobs to the private sector.
- Under President Obama the rates of annual spending, revenue, and budget deficits have all decreased to levels not seen since before Eisenhower.
- Despite reports to the contrary, President Obama has cut taxes for middle-class families and small businesses.
Imagine where the United States would be, if Republicans had supported the elected President. If Obama’s foreign policy is any indication, we’d be in much better shape.
If you value the Republican brand, vote Democratic on November 6, 2012. Be escorted to the ballot box with the conviction of Lincoln and the bravery of Eisenhower… Reject extremism and intolerance, a government that intrudes into the lives of citizens and regulates the pursuit of happiness.
Thank you for your Republican pragmatism and consideration.