I think as far as radio ‘entertainer’ Rush Limbaugh goes, most of us would like for him to stay as he is, but only if we can’t make him disappear completely. The thought of him suddenly turning into a sweetheart is just … too little, too late. And, well … insincere, of course.
In the December 18th edition of Premiere Radio Networks Rush Limbaugh Show titled ”Did Boehner Just Propose Pelosi’s Plan?” Limbaugh, in his typical arrogant manner, said that he is making an effort to be “squishier” with women.
“Have I got this right? I think I do, ’cause I usually have most things right. Sorry. I know that makes people nervous. Well, being confident in what you believe makes people nervous, particularly women. That’s what I’ve been told. I’m trying to dial that back. I’m trying to sound more unsure of myself as a way of expanding the audience. A little bit less confident, so as to be less threatening. Squishy. Well, yeah, funnier, squishier, less threatening, less confident, more indecisive, seems to be the stuff that gets rewarded today.”
Rush has the “unapologetic apology” down, doesn’t he? This is one of those moments that prompts the “Thank you … I think” response from women.
Here’s the video:
And, just in case anyone was in danger of forgetting, here are some of the most epic derogatory Rush quotes about women:
- “You’re A Woman And You Like The Super Bowl? Or Is That When Your Husband Beats You?”
- “Women Have Neutered The Business Of Politics,” So Men In Politics Must “Prove Their Masculinity”
- “Now, how can I be anti-woman? I even judged the Miss America pageant.”
- “It doesn’t look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritionary (sic) dietary advice. And then we hear that she’s out eating ribs at 1500 calories a serving with 141 grams of fat … No, I’m trying to say that our first lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you.”
- “Feminism is about victimization. Don’t forget Undeniable Truth of Life Number 24. Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.”
- “Colleges have been chickified. Men aren’t showing up in as many numbers as they used to…This is what we have done to boys and men. The feminists /feminazis have been working for years to this end: advance women by diminishing men.”
- “Female politicians get a pass on every aspect of their appearance. You would never have stories about how some female politician’s fat … There are plenty of lard-ass women in politics, and they get a total pass on it.”
- “Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud.”
- “They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.” (women protesting sexual harassment)
- “I’m a huge supporter of women. What I’m not is a supporter of liberalism. Feminism is what I oppose. Feminism has led women astray. I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it.” (referencing his role in the Miss America pageant)
- “We’re not sexists, we’re chauvinists — we’re male chauvinist pigs, and we’re happy to be because we think that’s what men were destined to be. We think that’s what women want.”
- “What is it with all of these young, single white women? Overeducated-(sic) doesn’t mean intelligent.”
I’ll skip the Sandra Fluke incident. I think that’s engraved in the minds of women for all time.
And of course, he wants to make a “real woman” out of Hillary Clinton. Do you know what I said when I read that? “Hillary would have him on the ground with his face in the dirt and her heel on the back of his head in 30 seconds flat.”
We’ll pass on your “squishiness,” Rush. Let me summon my redneck roots and paraphrase one of my favorite quotes: “You can’t make a silk purse out of a pig’s ear.”