Rush Limbaugh has been a poison on America for a couple of decades now. Since his horrible attacks on women over the last year (including his spectacular hissy fit over Sandra Fluke), Limbaugh has suffered the loss of over 2,800 sponsors and has received criticism from both Republicans and Democrats (although the Republicans haven’t condemned him nearly as much). Many advertisers and radio stations still support this man, however, so just in case they haven’t been listening to the vitriol Limbaugh spews on his pathetic show, here are 50 sexist, racist, hateful, and stupid quotes uttered by the merchant of hate and de facto leader of the GOP himself, Rush Limbaugh.
1. “If you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in man-made global warming. You must be either agnostic or atheistic to believe that man controls something he cannot create.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, denying science, August 2013
2. “That town has been a petri dish of everything the Democrat Party stands for, everything the Democrat Party loves — massive unions, massive pensions, pay people pensions and health care long after they’ve stopped working… You have massive welfare states where citizens are given things left and right in order to buy their votes. You have no opposition whatsoever. And in the case of the — you throw race into the mix and you bring on Mayor Coleman Young who causes riots in 1967 in Detroit and Mayor Young caused a white flight to suburbia, and Detroit is left with nothing but liberal Democrats running it. It is what it is. And you — any place in this country that has similar circumstances, the same fate is going to happen to them.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, blaming black people for Detroit going bankrupt, Fox News, August 2013
3. “This Missouri clown situation is so out of hand and out of proportion, and I’m gonna tell you what this is like, and I’m not gonna pull any punches. This is no different than those countries reacting freakishly when there were cartoons of the prophet Mohammed. That is exactly what this is. It is as though President Obama is a messiah or is a god and this little thing that happened at the Missouri State Fair is a defamation, a denunciation, almost a religious sacrilege that took place. He’s the president of the United States! They get made fun of! They get laughed at all the time! Fun is poked at ’em. I know this happens to be the first African-American one, but that should not insulate this president from standard, ordinary, everyday treatment, analysis, whatever.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, defending a racist stunt that occurred at the Missouri State Fair that has been condemned by members of both parties, August 2013
4. “This provision had no business being renewed for 25 years. You know, the past discrimination has long ago been dealt with. The civil rights community wants perpetual discrimination, reverse discrimination, if you will, to continue for political reasons.
“This isn’t about making amends anymore. It’s about two things. It’s about advancing liberalism, of course. But it’s also about keeping the black population constantly roiled and angry and told that they’re being discriminated against. And that their voting is being denied and their voting rights are being denied and that the Republicans have designs on never having them vote again. It’s all part of that.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, cheering for the gutting of the Voting Right Act and claiming that discrimination no longer exists, June 2013
5. “They just want to get rid of God because they are just uncomfortable with the whole idea. To hell with the Constitution. They don’t even know what that is. Just the whole idea of God and morality and, ‘What the hell is it anybody’s right to impose that on me? To hell with them!’ Those people and their ignorance are, of course, used in the project.” ~ Rush Limbaugh falsely claiming that God is part of the Constitution even though the Founding Fathers never mentioned God once and gave everyone the right to practice their own religion or none at all, June 2013
6. “We have a president of the country who’s comfortable with suffering. It benefits hims politically. We have a president who’s comfortable with the pain his policies…are inflicting.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, blaming President Obama for the destructive policies and do-nothing attitude of the GOP, March 2013
7. “They may never get there, but the Republicans are going to have to realize that if they are to prevail, they are going to have to engage in a political fight that results in the defeat of the Democrat Party — not bipartisanship.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, urging the GOP to continue their uncompromising extreme partisanship, March 2013
8. “Unions are not about jobs. Unions are not about wages… It is a money-laundering operation.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, attacking unions, December 2012
9. “In a country of children where the option is Santa Claus or work, what wins?” ~ Rush Limbaugh, referring most Americans to children the day after the 2012 Election, November 2012
10. “If the American free market and capitalism were left alone, there would not be a permanent underclass in this country.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, longing for the capitalist society of the late 1800s when capitalism was unfettered, despite the fact that there actually was a poor and suffering underclass at the same time, August 2013
11. “Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, 1994 List of 35 Undeniable Truths
12. “If you feed them, if you feed the children, three square meals a day during the school year, how can you expect them to feed themselves in the summer? Wanton little waifs and serfs dependent on the State. Pure and simple.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, The Rush Limbaugh Show, December 2011
13. “Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, The Rush Limbaugh Show, August 12, 2005
14. “Let’s say we discover the gene that says the kid’s gonna be gay. How many parents, if they knew before the kid was gonna be born, [that he] was gonna be gay, they would take the pregnancy to term? Well, you don’t know but let’s say half of them said, ‘Oh, no, I don’t wanna do that to a kid.’ [Then the] gay community finds out about this. The gay community would do the fastest 180 and become pro-life faster than anybody you’ve ever seen. … They’d be so against abortion if it was discovered that you could abort what you knew were gonna be gay babies.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, offending homosexuals, women, parents, etc…, January 2003
15. “The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there. It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, on the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and refuting science, May 3, 2010
16. “Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?” ~ Rush Limbaugh, while holding up a photograph of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton on his 1993 television show
17. “They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, on women who protest against sexual harassment, The Rush Limbaugh Show, April 26, 2004
18. “Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, accusing people who exercise of being the reason why health care costs are so high, June 12, 2009
19. “What does it say about the college coed Susan Fluke [sic] who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex — what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, referring to Sandra Fluke, a student at Georgetown Law School who was denied the right to speak at a congressional hearing on contraception hearing, in which she planned to discuss a friend of hers who needed contraception to prevent the growth of cysts, February 29, 2012
20. “A Georgetown coed told Nancy Pelosi’s hearing that the women in her law school program are having so much sex they’re going broke, so you and I should have to pay for their birth control. So what would you call that? I called it what it is. So, I’m offering a compromise today: I will buy all of the women at Georgetown University as much aspirin to put between their knees as they want. … So Miss Fluke and the rest of you feminazis, here’s the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something. We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, The Rush Limbaugh Show, March 1, 2012
21. “Let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, radio show, Fall 1993
22. “It doesn’t look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritionary dietary advice. And then we hear that she’s out eating ribs at 1500 calories a serving with 141 grams of fat … No, I’m trying to say that our First Lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 21, 2011
23. “These were highly civil comments for crying out loud. I mean, people are going nuts. USA Today, the Politico. And some people were suggesting that my comments were below the belt. Well, take a look at some pictures. Given where she wears her belts. I mean, she wears them high up there around the bust line. Isn’t just about everything about her below the belt when you look at the fashion sense she has?” ~ Rush Limbaugh, after being criticized for making derogatory comments about First Lady Michelle Obama’s weight, Feb. 22, 2011
24. “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?” ~ Rush Limbaugh, basically saying that all wanted criminals are black people on his radio show in the early 1990s.
25. “I’m a huge supporter of women. What I’m not is a supporter of liberalism. Feminism is what I oppose. Feminism has led women astray. I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, responding to criticism that he is sexist and defending his selection as one of the judges at the 2010 Miss America Pageant, “Fox News’ Fox & Friends,” February 3, 2010
26. “We’re not sexists, we’re chauvinists — we’re male chauvinist pigs, and we’re happy to be because we think that’s what men were destined to be. We think that’s what women want.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, claiming that women want men to be assholes, April 15, 2004
27. “Given the National Organization for Women’s membership and proclivities, it’s no wonder that people now view the NOW gang as being obsessed with only two issues: abortion rights and lesbian rights.
“I prefer to call the most obnoxious feminists what they really are: feminazis. The term describes any female who is intolerant of any point of view that challenges militant feminism. I often use it to describe women who are obsessed with perpetuating a modern-day holocaust: abortion.
“A feminazi is a woman to whom the most important thing in life is seeing to it that as many abortions as possible are performed. Their unspoken reasoning is quite simple. Abortion is the single greatest avenue for militant women to exercise their quest for power and advance their belief that men aren’t necessary. Nothing matters but me, says the feminazi; that is an unviable tissue mass. Feminazis have adopted abortion as a kind of sacrament for their religion/politics of alienation and bitterness.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, The Way Things Ought To Be, p.192-93 , 1992
28. “There are more American Indians alive today than there were when Columbus arrived or at any other time in history. Does this sound like a record of genocide?” ~ Rush Limbaugh, See, I Told You So, p.68, November 1993
29. “From this day forward, somebody propose it, liberals should not be allowed to buy guns. It’s just that simple. Liberals should have their speech controlled and not be allowed to buy guns. I mean if we want to get serious about this, if we want to face this head on, we’re gonna have to openly admit, liberals should not be allowed to buy guns, nor should they be allowed to use computer keyboards or typewriters, word processors or e-mails, and they should have their speech controlled. If we did those three or four things, I can’t tell you what a sane, calm, civil, fun-loving society we would have. Take guns out of the possession, out of the hands of liberals, take their typewriters and their keyboards away from ‘em, don’t let ‘em anywhere near a gun, and control their speech. You would wipe out 90% of the crime, 85 to 95% of the hate, and a hundred percent of the lies from society.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, The Rush Limbaugh Show, January 2011
30. “Cholesterol has nothing to do with heart disease. Nothing wrong with saturated fats.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, disputing science despite his own hospitalization back in 2009 for chest pains, March 8, 2011
31. “Obama is a clown. You don’t have to be a scientist to know that the President doesn’t know what he’s talking about when he says fossil fuels are the energy of the past. We have more oil than we need. We’ll never run out of it. It’s all we’ve got.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, saying the world has unlimited oil despite what geologists and other scientists say, March 8, 2011
32. “You know, one of the benefits of school being out, in addition to your kids losing weight because they’re starving to death out there because there’s no school meal being provided, one of the benefits of school being out, college campi being vacant this time of year, is that our audience levels go up. I think, you know what we’re going to do here, we’re going to start a feature on this program: ‘Where to find food.’ For young demographics, where to find food. Now that school is out, where to find food. We can have a daily feature on this. And this will take us all the way through the summer. Where to find food. And, of course, the first will be: ‘Try your house.’ It’s a thing called the refrigerator. You probably already know about it. Try looking there.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, denigrating poor children, June 16, 2010
33. “Some people are self-starters, and some people are born lazy. Some people are born victims. Some people are just born to be slaves. Some people are born to put up with somebody else making every decision for them.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, talking about economic inequality, October 8, 2010
34. “Public and private polling indicates that Ohioans, by a substantial margin, want to overturn the new law. Which means, if this is true, that people in Ohio want to rape themselves” ~ Rush Limbaugh, comparing the repeal of anti-union laws to rape, November 7, 2011
35. “What is it with all of these young, single white women? Overeducated- doesn’t mean intelligent.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, insulting educated women, March 6, 2012
36. “Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, making a racist comment, January 19, 2007
37. “You just gotta be who you are, and I think it’s time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call ‘em gangs.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, another racist comment, December 8, 2004
38. “Holocaust? Ninety million Indians? Only four million left? They all have casinos — what’s to complain about?” ~ Rush Limbaugh, making yet another racist statement, September 25, 2009. There once was 15 million Native Americans in North America. After the centuries of genocidal policies, Native Americans were nearly wiped out, with only 250,000 left by the end of the 19th century. There are in fact, about 2 million today, but casinos hardly make up for the near extinction.
39. “The nags … the national association of gals, that’s our pet name for the NOW gang … the nags are a bunch of whores to liberalism.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, another attack on women, October 14, 2010
40. “To some people, bankers — code word for Jewish — and guess who Obama’s assaulting? He’s assaulting bankers. He’s assaulting money people. And a lot of those people on Wall Street are Jewish. So I wonder if there’s starting to be some buyer’s remorse there.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, stereotyping Jewish people, January 20, 2010
41. “Do you know we have more acreage of forest land in the United States today than we did at the time the Constitution was written?” ~ Rush Limbaugh, ignorant of the fact that when the Constitution was written, the United States consisted of 13 colonies along the East Coast, February 18, 1994
42. “The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, advocating for blowing up the world.
43. “Citizen service is a repudiation of the principles upon which our country was based. We are all here for ourselves.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, selfishly saying that we should never serve our fellow citizens unless we get something for it.
44. “I think this reason why girls don’t do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, ‘All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what’s it going to be?’ We all know what was chosen.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, making another degrading comment about women, February 23, 1994
45. “When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, making a “joke” about homosexual men, Summer 1994
46. “Styrofoam and plastic milk jugs are biodegradable! Do you know what isn’t biodegradable? Paper!” ~ Rush Limbaugh, disregarding scientific fact and reality again, The Rush Limbaugh Show, June 15, 1991
47. “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, disparaging the NAACP, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 1992
48. “Nobody in this country has ever been denied the right to get married. Not a single person. If you want to get married, there are certain, there have been, certain qualifications.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, responding to Supreme Court DOMA ruling, June 2013
49. “Sotomayor and Kagan, what are they? They’re WOMEN! That means they’re victims. That means they’re minorities. That means they’ve been discriminated against. That means we OWE ’em! We OWE ’em! Life experiences – they’ve had it tough. They’ve had it so tough because they’ve been women living in America – and Hispanic women in America. And they’ve had to play softball as women in America. It is really (tough) and the deck as been stacked against them! And because they’ve had to go through life eating excrement sandwiches everyday, because of Ronald Reagan, George Bush and Rush Limbaugh, they’re OWED a seat on the Supreme Court. Doesn’t matter if they couldn’t spell cat if you spotted them a ‘c’ and a ‘t’!” ~Rush Limbaugh, saying Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan were chosen for the Supreme Court because they’re helpless victims and not because they’re intelligent strong women who are Harvard educated and experienced jurists, 2010
50. “One of the objectives of modern-era feminism was to take the presumed barbarian, brute nature out of men. It was to civilize men, make them more like women, make them more docile. Instead, what has happened is that women have sought to become like men.” ~ Rush Limbaugh, obviously whining about women becoming more independent, July 2013
Rush Limbaugh embodies conservative values: he hates women, the environment, immigrants, minorities, the poor, homosexuals, and anyone who dares to stand up to him. Republicans have been listening to Rush Limbaugh for far too long. So long, in fact, that they have been swindled by a draft dodging, pill popping, college drop-out who has been married four times. If a Republican even so much as dares to cross him, Limbaugh takes them to the woodshed until they backtrack. He takes to the airwaves every day and spreads vicious lies, hate, and misinformation to create new followers. His propaganda has damaged America’s soul and is tearing it apart day after day. If Rush has his way, there won’t be an America left for anyone, and that’s why he must be yanked off the air. So that hateful, sexist, racist, and stupid remarks such as these disappear from the American landscape. Limbaugh tries to hide the seriousness of his remarks by calling it comedy, but Rush isn’t a comedian. He’s a punchline.