FL Cops Face Prison After Brutally Beating Unarmed Man (VIDEO)

On Tuesday, a federal Grand Jury announced the indictment of former Marion County, Florida deputy Jesse Terrell. The charges stem from Terrell’s involvement in the brutal beating of Derrick Price, a 44-year-old Black man, who was assaulted by a gang of white cops, in August of 2014.

Video of the attack was published by WESH on January 27.

The video shows that Price was initially trying to run from the police, who were pursuing in a black SUV.

About ten seconds into the video, however, Price stops running and throws his hands into the air. He then drops to his knees, before laying facedown on the pavement.

At this time the group of officers can be seen rushing at Price from several directions. The five cops immediately begin kicking, punching and otherwise assaulting him, as he continues to lay on the ground.

Although it’s clear from the video that Price was not resisting, the officers can be heard shouting over and over “Stop resisting,” as they continue to deliver blows to his head and body.

At least one of the officers was wearing a body camera at the time of the assault. It appears that the cop’s camera was purposely angled so that it would not capture video of the attack. It was later turned off.

Watch the video below, courtesy of WESH.

The other four officers involved in the beating all plead guilty to violating Price’s civil rights.

According to the Tampa Bay Times:

“Former deputies Cody Hoppel and Adam Ray Crawford admitted to beating Price, while two others, Trevor Wade Fitzgerald and James Louis Amidei, admitted they failed to intervene.

Crawford also admitted to obstruction of justice, and Hoppel admitted to punching another man and lying about it in an unrelated case.

The four acknowledged in court records that Price was not resisting arrest when beaten. Those deputies, who all resigned, are scheduled to be sentenced by Senior U.S. District Judge William Terrell Hodges in Ocala on April 20.”

The five former police officers are each facing up to ten years in prison, along with fines of as much as $250,000.

*Featured image credit: video screen capture WESH