You know how liberals are always saying that just about everything the GOP does is racist because it almost always seems to negatively impact minorities? You know how conservatives then always bristle with outrage at the very idea and scream that liberals are playing the race card? Ever notice how often it turns out liberals were right all along?
Well, here we go again! Turns out Russell Pearce, the author of SB1070 (aka “Papers Please” aka “Open season to harass Hispanics” aka “So blatantly racist it takes the breath away”) and recently, humiliatingly, recalled State Senate President, was exactly as racist as we’ve said.
ThinkProgress reports on thousands of email obtained by the ACLU to and from Pearce:
- “Last week, Denver’s illegal aliens sang our national anthem in Spanish and bastardized the words of OUR country’s most sacred song.”
- “Battles commence as Mexican nationalists struggle to infuse their men into American government and strengthen control over their strongholds. One look at Los Angeles with its Mexican-American mayor shows you Vincente Fox’s general Varigossa commanding an American city.”
- “They create enclaves of separate groups that shall balkanize our nation into fractured nightmares of social unrest and poverty.”
- “Corruption is the mechanism by which Mexico operates. Its people spawn more corruption wherever they go because it is their only known way of life.”
- “Tough, nasty illegals and their advocates grow in such numbers that law and order will not subdue them. They run us out of our cities and states. They conquer our language and our schools. They render havoc and chaos in our schools.”
- “We are much like the Titanic as we inbreed millions of Mexico’s poor, the world’s poor and we watch our country sink.”
One of the key arguments of SB1070′s supporters is that it couldn’t possibly be racially motivated and liberals should stop trying to confuse the issue. No doubt the “new” defense of SB1070 is that just because the person who authored it, pushed it through the State Senate and was the public face of it, and was a massive racist, that has no bearing on the law itself. Also, just because the law still disproportionately targets the Hispanic population for mandated police harassment based on nothing more than the color of their skin, how could liberals say it’s racist and they should stop trying to confuse the issue.
In other words, conservatives will attempt to completely ignore this information and pretend that Pearce’s deep and pervasive racism could not possibly have affected his judgment when he decided to target the entire Hispanic community of his state. Good luck with that!
Sign up to have all the AddictingInfo you can handle delivered directly to your email here!