Written by: James Martin (former LDS and strongly against Romney for reasons as listed below)
(EDITOR’S NOTE: We’re sharing this opinion of Mitt Romney, written by a former member of the LDS Church, unedited and uncensored. Addicting Info is not endorsing this article, or attacking the LDS Church, but we would like to give James Martin a forum to share his unique perspective.)
The first thing you need to know about Mitt Romney is that he is a Mormon, aka a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They call themselves Christians, but they have so thoroughly brainwashed their members that anything the church says…goes. No matter how much Mitt Romney says he would keep his church separate from Government, and how he would never let the church come in and run Government, commands of the church come first and foremost in Mormon minds.
If the church wanted Mitt to let them come in (AND THEY WOULD) and help or direct the Government, that is how it would be. Why? Because the church leaders would supposedly have a “vision” that it is God’s will. The church is all about trying to prop up the image of its founder, Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith had a supposed vision (prophecy) that one day a Mormon would become President of the United States, FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE, of letting the Mormon Church take over the U.S. Government. You can take it to the bank, that if Romney were President, the church leaders would have another “vision,” that a church takeover must happen. By the way, that prophecy was simple revenge for perceived wrongs done to Joseph Smith by the government. Nevertheless they treat all his prophecies seriously, no matter how ridiculous they are.
The only other church I know of that elicits such obedience was The People’s Temple, and we all know what happened there, they drank the Kool-Aid. In other words, the Mormon religion is a cult of brainwashed souls.
Mormons duck out the back door of the church as quickly as they come in the front door. The number of people on the church rolls rises all the time, but that’s because even if you join and then decide the church really isn’t for you, they still continue to count you as a member. Unfortunately this trend doesn’t apply to the “old school” Mormons like Romney. They’re totally entrenched into the religion/cult.
Some of the freaky Mormon beliefs are:
Mormons have a member “stand in” for a dead person and they’re baptized as a member of the church.
Mormons have a couple “stand in” for a dead man and woman and marry them into the church, and those count as a “twofer” in church membership rolls. Supposedly they’re “sealed for time and eternity” as husband and wife. Mormons are also supposedly the only ones who will be allowed to have sexual intercourse in Heaven.
Mormons believe that God was once a man here on earth and that he attained God-hood due to his “good works” here on earth. He was then elevated to live on the planet Kolob. This is why the Mormons stress “good works” as part of their membership. But here’s the rub! How could God create the earth according to the book of Genesis (which their other teachings do NOT dispute) unless he was ALREADY a God, and then attained God-hood through “good works?” If you truly are a Christian, does this all sound a bit weird to you? And no I’m not kidding you, these things are core beliefs of the Mormon Church. They all are from the false prophecies of Joseph Smith. You see, it’s easy, if you know all the facts, to tell why Mitt wants the White House so badly.
One of the tenants of the Mormon Church is to have as many babies as possible. So this goes hand in hand with Romney’s stand against abortion AND birth control. If you’re not popping out a new “Mormon Unit” every 12-18 months, you’re not having enough unprotected sex.
It also explains why they stress getting a good education, so they can make enough money to support all those kids with the mother being a “stay at home mom” like his wife Ann. Yet he wants to cut and privatize education. This is one of the Republican strategies to keep the voting public too dumb to see the truth.
Back when I was a youth in the church, we were taught that black people were descendants of Cain, and that the dark skin was the curse God put on him for killing Abel. Black people were to be shunned at all cost. We weren’t to be rude about it, but we weren’t to associate with them. This racist “teaching” is no longer part of Sunday School, because a few black people threatened to sue the church for racism and discrimination because they were not allowed to join. Suddenly the church elders had another supposed “vision” that blacks had paid their penance (still indicating they’d done something wrong) and they’re now allowed to join. But they were not allowed to hold church offices, so the threat to sue was renewed and lo and behold another “vision” comes down the pike and blacks are now allowed full membership. I used to go to church with people like Donny & Marie Osmond and their family. I KNOW they were raised to be racist. In my opinion, to be raised racist and suddenly have your church tell you that you must do a full 180 and love and embrace black people is a total mind-fuck. (Excuse the one word, but nothing else seems to convey the gravity of the situation)
Christians don’t believe that God changes his mind to fit the times, yet this is what the Mormon Church is saying he does. A further example of this is that Joseph Smith said polygamy was an “everlasting covenant” from God, but the government said that if Mormons continued to practice polygamy, Utah would not become a state. If you look up the words everlasting, and covenant, you can see once again that God SUPPOSEDLY changed his mind just to fit the times.
Mormons wear “special” undergarments. For reasons too long to go into, suffice it to say that they believe this underwear protects them from evil and gives them mystical powers, as well as making their bodies more visible to the spirits when the rapture occurs. There are symbolic cuts in the underwear that are the same as symbols of being a member of the Masons. Also many of the secret ceremonies, hand signals and handshakes are derived from Masonic rituals.
- Romney wants to be President to fulfill a cult prophecy. When Mitt Romney received his patriarchal blessing as a Michigan teenager, he was told that the Lord expected great things from him. All young Mormon men — the “worthy males” of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as it is officially known — receive such a blessing as they embark on their requisite journeys as religious missionaries. But at 19 years of age, the youngest son of the most prominent Mormon in American politics — a seventh-generation direct descendant of one of the faith’s founding 12 apostles—Mitt Romney had been singled out as a destined leader. The Cougar Club — the all male, all white social club at Brigham Young University in Salt Lake City (blacks were excluded from full membership in the Mormon church until 1978) — was humming with talk that its president, Mitt Romney, would become the first Mormon President of the United States. “If not Mitt, then who?” was the ubiquitous slogan within the elite organization. The pious world of BYU was expected to spawn the man who would lead the Mormons into the White House and fulfill the prophecies of the church’s founder, Joseph Smith Jr., which Romney has avidly sought to realize.
Economic goals according to Romney’s own book, “Believe in America” Mitt Romney’s Plan for Jobs and Economic Growth © 2011
- Wants to provoke China into war by labeling the Chinese government as criminals in the world court. Never mind that they own most of our money, they have nuclear capabilities and over a million soldiers. I’m sorry, but we wouldn’t stand a chance.
- Wants to privatize Social Security and Medicare. They say Obamacare would create death panels, but that’s nothing compared to what it would be if Wall Street controlled medical benefits. And with how well Wall Street has proven that they can screw up even a wet dream, do you really want them deciding how much your Social Security checks should be? I don’t think so. Romney would privatize his next meal if he could.
General plans (from stuff he has said lately)
- Wants to cut education funding and oversight.
- As a vulture capitalist, Mitt Romney cost thousands of employees their jobs and their retirement pensions, while he made out like a bandit. If elected president, Romney will kill Medicare and Social Security and further subjugate women’s rights, while destroying the EPA and other government services.
OBAMA is looking pretty good now, isn’t he? Read on, don’t just shut your mind and stop here.
Romney avoids mentioning it, but Joseph Smith ran for president in 1844 as an independent Commander in Chief of an “army of God” advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government in favor of a Mormon-ruled theocracy. Challenging Democrat, James Polk and Whig, Henry Clay – Smith prophesied that if the U.S. Congress did not accede to his demands that “they shall be broken up as a government and God shall damn them.” Smith viewed capturing the presidency as part of the mission of the church. Smith’s insertion of religion into politics and his call for a “theodemocracy where God and people hold the power to conduct the affairs of men in righteous matters” created a sensation and drew hostility from the outside world. But his candidacy was cut short when he was shot to death by an anti-Mormon vigilante mob. Out of Smith’s national political ambitions grew what would become known in Mormon circles as the “White Horse Prophecy” — a belief ingrained in Mormon culture and passed down through generations by church leaders that the day would come when the U.S. Constitution would “hang like a thread as fine as a silk fiber” and the Mormon priesthood would save it. Mitt Romney views the American presidency as a theological office.