Crazy Anti-Obama Ad Gets 6 ‘Pants On Fire’ Ratings, Runs In 4 Battleground States
A right-wing political action committee named “Government Is Not God” recently ran a smear-campaign against President Obama in 19 newspapers, using a dozen truly bizarre lies to rally conservative voters to the polls.
In the ad, the wingnut GING-PAC lays out its vision of “the true agenda of Barack Hussein Obama.” Upon scrutiny from Politifact, all of the claims rate as false, with a whopping 6 “pants on fire” rebuttals.
Here’s the text of the ad and the corresponding rating from Politifact:
Barack Hussein Obama will move America to:
- Force Christian organizations to pay for abortions: MOSTLY FALSE (qualified by “mostly” only if you equate contraceptive access with “abortions”).
- Force Christian schools to hire non-Christian teachers: FALSE
- Force all states to permit same-sex marriages: FALSE
- Force military chaplains to perform same-sex marriages: PANTS ON FIRE
- Force doctors to assist homosexuals in buying surrogate babies: PANTS ON FIRE
- Force employers to give illegal immigrants the jobs of U.S. citizens: PANTS ON FIRE
- Force States to pay the college tuition of illegal immigrants’ children: FALSE
- Force courts to accept Islamic Sharia Law in domestic disputes: PANTS ON FIRE
- Force police agencies to allow Muslim brotherhood to select staff: PANTS ON FIRE
- Force local authorities to allow Occupy protestors to live in parks: PANTS ON FIRE
- Force creation of a permanent government funded “underclass”: Deemed too vague to investigate
The same ad also claims Obama is “the only President in history who has deliberately removed the words ‘endowed by their Creator’ when referring to our Declaration of Independence, not once, but several times,” which Politifact also rated as “false.”
Protests outside the Sarasota Herald-Tribune office after it ran the ad prompted the newspaper to apologize to readers, saying the ad did not meet the newspaper’s “standards for fairness and accuracy.” You think?
On this page, GING-PAC lists the 19 papers in Florida, Ohio, Iowa and Pennsylvania in which the ad ran this month. The group’s stated purpose is to “turn out conservatives in small towns and rural areas,” and it has supported Republicans such as House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and Missouri U.S. Rep. Todd Akin (the “legitimate rape” guy.)
When contacted by Politifact to ask for evidence of the outlandish claims, GING-PAC leader William J. Murray said the group didn’t need evidence because it was making “predictions.”
View a larger version of the manipulative ad here. And, if you know people living in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida or Iowa, please share this article now to discredit the ad’s accusations.
Visit the author: The Liberal Lamp Post – @LiberaLLamp on Twitter – On Facebook
View Liberal Lamp’s archive on this site or Contact the author of this post.
Read: “GOP Firm Exposed For Fraudulent Voter Registration In Florida”